Jan 21, 2012

Moving forward with Production

I promised myself this year I would get help with my sewing, and am pleased to announce my friend, Autumn, has jumped on board to help me keep up with demand this year.  She'll be helping me sew up my silkscreened skeleton dolls, since I swear, if I have to make one more myself I'm going to give up the whole sewing business altogether!  I'm also happy to announce that I'm planning a factory run of 5 of my popular food plush items: Monsieur Carrot, Sweet Pea, Black Eyed Pea, Professor Foster, and the bookworm (okay, so most people don't usually eat bookworms, but he seems to fit in pretty well).  I'm working with an overseas factory and trying to fit all the logistical pieces together so I can roll out my plushies nationally.  I'm looking at getting about 25,000 toys made and am hoping this year I can spend my time I would have spent sewing those guys on other things like developing new characters and making buyer contacts.  Should be a fun year!  I guess I could have made a resolution like exercising more, but this seemed more fun!  Plushie fruit salad, anyone?